HHS Construction Update: June 25, 2019
Good afternoon, Harrison Parents/Guardians and Students.
We continue to be in construction "mode" in and around our Harrison campus. The following map provides detailed information about the impacted areas of our campus:
A few highlights:
- Parking continues to be significantly restricted in the southeast parking lot (the area bordered by the K wing and the pool/weight room). Students should plan to park in the other student parking areas around the building: the lower south lot (for those seniors who reserved parking spaces in May 2019), the north lot (between the cafeteria and the baseball field, the parking lot behind the "home" football bleachers, and the northeast lot (bordered by the K wing and the old tennis courts). Overflow parking is available in the parking lot between the soccer and softball fields as well.
- Exterior doors #7 through #14 will not be accessible during construction.
- Although vehicles will still be able to circle the school, this is intended primarily for construction and/or emergency vehicles access. Driving completely around the school will be limited and difficult during construction.
- All athletic events attendees will enter via Door #4 (circle drive).
- Mechanical upgrades and renovations are taking place over the summer. These include improving the water softening system and upgrading the HVAC systems to include air conditioning in May Gymnasium and the surrounding areas.
- Renovations to the ceilings, lighting, flooring, and walls are taking place this summer in the F000 (World Languages) Hallway.
- Restrooms on the east side of the cafeteria are being completely renovated and updated.
I recognize that this construction will present some short-term inconveniences, but the long-term benefits will be outstanding. Thank you in advance for your flexibility and patience as we move forward. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Cory J. Marshall, Principal